A friendly face

Heavenly Father knows us so well. He knows how much we're capable of handling, and when He needs to send us a little love note, or tender mercy. It's been a rough couple of days, moving away from family and friends. I've been praying to have a positive attitude so I can have a good experience as I finish my education. I really felt the strength of not only my own prayers but also the prayers of others as my attitude slowly improved yesterday. However, I felt myself slipping again today, feeling bummed out because I don't really have any friends right now, or rather, I don't know where anyone I know is. I said some silent prayers in my heart and began an earlier trek to my class. Then, just as I was entering the building, I saw a face I recognized. There was one of my long lost friends! We were both pleasantly surprised to see each other. He updated me on his life and the lives of our other mutual friends. We exchanged numbers, and I left feeling my heart a little lighter. It was a tender mercy that came just when I needed it, not a moment too soon or too late.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Off the Marked Path

Come, Follow Me: First Sunday Counsel Meetings Note Taking

One Among the Crowd