He lives to calm my troubled heart

I love to sing. It is one of my most favorite things in the world to do. However, it can also be the scariest thing for me to do. As mentioned in the previous post, I sang the musical number during a church meeting tonight. I was asked earlier today if I would do it. Since it was last minute, I opted to sing I Know That My Redeemer Lives, because I had sung it previously when my sister reported her full-time mission.
As I was practicing with my accompanist before this meeting a couple months ago, I was ridiculously nervous. This was the largest crowd for which I had ever sung. As I was singing, I came to the line, "He lives to calm my troubled heart." I knew that was true. My Savior could bring peace to my soul. I said a silent prayer and asked for that blessing in my life. After that, I was able to sing freely.
Tonight, as I directed the opening hymn, my voice began to shake. My throat began to close, and I couldn't even sing part of the final verse. I was growing very anxious. I imagined myself standing to sing and finding that nothing would come out. I saw myself red with embarrassment, nervously walking off the stand and out the side door.
As I sat down during the opening prayer, I said another silent prayer in my heart. I asked the Lord to once again calm my troubled heart which was racing and about to leap out of my chest.
After the prayer, it was my turn to sing. Even as I was walking up to the pulpit, my heart was still racing. I had faith that the Lord would once again provide. Just as my accompanist played the first note, my anxiety left and I was filled with peace.
I was able to share my testimony through this song and again receive a witness of the Godhead.
Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers. Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. The Holy Ghost comforts us. With God, all things are possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Off the Marked Path

Come, Follow Me: First Sunday Counsel Meetings Note Taking