One Among the Crowd
I spoke in church today. My assigned topic was a talk given by Elder Dennis B. Neuenschwander in the April 2008 General Conference . I gave my talk immediately after singing "Close Enough to Touch" by Kenneth Cope. This woman, whose story is told briefly in Matthew, Mark, and Luke, had an issue of blood for 12 years. She had sought out numerous physicians and used all that she had to seek a cure. None had cured her; her condition was now worse. Her faith brought her to seek out Jesus. “For she said within herself, if I but touch his garment, I shall be whole.” 1 She pressed her way through the crowd that was following Jesus to touch the hem of His garment. Elder Neuenschwander in his recent conference talk described this crowd. “I picture the crowd itself. It must have been fairly large, as people were pressing in on Jesus. It might have even been a noisy crowd, as people pushed and shoved trying to get a better look at Him. I wonder why they were there. Most, I think, cam...
Comments